POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Animation block...acceleration on the x axis. : Re: Animation block...acceleration on the x axis. Server Time
8 May 2024 13:17:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animation block...acceleration on the x axis.
From: RC
Date: 24 Feb 2009 15:10:01
Message: <web.49a4526f21b0f15ae1acfc5e0@news.povray.org>
"Chris B" <nom### [at] nomailcom> wrote:
> "RC" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
> > "Chris B" <nom### [at] nomailcom> wrote:
> >>
> >> #declare ObjectX = frame_number*0.1+div(frame_number+1,3)*0.9;
> >
> > Ahhh, interesting, and it works, but with this the motion of each frame
> > changes,
> > its always 0.1 in between and a full 0.9 on the third. I'm looking to have
> > them
> > move more evenly. If frames 1,2,3 are moving 1.0, 4,5,6 all should move
> > the
> > same amount as what ever value the 4th frame was incremented. Does that
> > make
> > sense?
> >

> Maybe it would help if you could list the values you'd like to generate for
> the x-displacement for say the first 12 frames.
> In fact, if all else fails you could list the 60 displacements into an array
> and simply index the array using the frame_number variable.
>
> Regards,
> Chris B.

Ya, I'm trying to avoid hard coding the values into an array, because eventually
I will want this for the rendering of several hundred frames. No way to have the
code count/render for three clocks then add a value to our function? That's why
I was trying to use an if statement initially. In the end, once I figure this
out, I will need to count the displacement so when I get to the end of my
image, I can roll it back in the opposite direction, but no need to get ahead
of myself...

1-1fps
2-1fps
3-1fps